Of all the high profile events, for me, the Met Gala and Cannes film festival reap the highest sartorial awards. This year, amongst many a disappointment; the absence of Diane Kruger - my total style queen (insert praying emoji here), Sharon Stone's poor attempt after her triumph last year, Eva Longoria's total flop which is that Vionnet dress; there were plenty of stunning gowns. The supermodel's were out in full force with Adriana Lima, in the wake of her recent divorce, in a leg exhibiting sateen Alexander Vauthier dress, Rosie Huntington Whitely with polished pins in a lavender Victoria Beckham mini dress, and eve Cara who managed to jet over amongst her sister Poppy's wedding celebrations. Here's my favourite looks, topped off with the two best dressed ladies (blondes) of Cannes 2014. And best dressed man?
6. Lily Allen in sequin/tweed Chanel mini dress.
5. Jessica Chastain in blue Versace gown and Isabelli Fontana in yellow cut-out Tufi Duek gown
4. Lea Seydoux in blue Prada suit and Aymeline Valade in classic Saint Laurent tux.
3. Natasha Poly in Oscar de la Renta gown.
2. Blake Lively in Giambattista Vali bejewelled mini dress, stunning deep red floor sweeping Gucci Premiere gown and dreamy Chanel SS 14 dress.
1. Suki Waterhouse in Giorgio Armani Prive sheer shirt and full skirt combo, Peter Pilotto printed dress, tiered Dior gown and nude Stella McCartney slip dress.